Base de datos de becas
Aquí encuentras la información más actualizada sobre nuestras becas y convocatorias abiertas. Para poder presentar este tipo de información a la mayor brevedad posible a nivel mundial, los detalles se ofrecen en inglés. No obstante, a fin de resolver todas tus dudas y preguntas tienes la opción de reservar una asesoría gratuita en nuestro Centro de Información, la cual será completamente en español.
Research Grants – Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees • DAAD
The aim of this programme is to promote doctoral degrees at the home university with integrated research phases in Germany. The doctoral degrees are supervised both by a university teacher at the home university and an academic adviser at the host institute in Germany ("sandwich model"). Based on this flexible, multi-phase funding system, doctoral candidates start their doctoral degree in their home country but subsequently spend research periods in Germany. The doctorate is completed in the home country with participation of the German academic adviser.
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- A total of no more than two years; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- Grants are initially awarded for up to 12 months. Extensions depend on whether the selection committee considers the previous award period to have been successfully completed.
- Applicants should outline how they plan to divide their time between Germany and the home university and specify plans to visit a third country for the purpose of collecting material in a work and time schedule in their application.
- During stays at their home university, the grant is interrupted.
- Monthly payments for doctoral candidates during the stay in Germany: 1,200 euros.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off research allowance
- Travel and accommodation expenses according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Law for supervising university teachers for one trip of up to 10 days
- undertaken by the foreign university teacher to Germany to monitor progress
- undertaken by the German university teacher to the home university of the scholarship holder to take part in final examinations.
The nature of the trips should be specified in the work and time schedule submitted with the application.
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Payment of course fees for the online language course "Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)" (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the research stay; the DAAD decides whether to fund the grant holder's participation and for how long depending on language skills and project. If a language course scholarship is granted and the working language at the host institute is German, participation is compulsory.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the grant period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
The most important selection criteria:
- a convincing and well-planned research project or course of continuing education
- academic achievements