Who can apply?
What can be funded?
- This programme funds exchanges between scientists and researchers from Germany and partner countries. In the implementation of the bilateral programme, care is taken to ensure equal exchanges in both directions.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
Duration of the funding
The grant cannot be extended.
- Monthly payments of:
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
- Unless otherwise regulated by bilateral agreements, the costs of the outward and return journey are borne by the respective sending country.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Please note: Health insurance coverage is mandatory in Germany. If you do not have a corresponding home health insurance, you will be insured by the DAAD. The costs will be deducted from the scholarship payment.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Your academic achievements and, if applicable, your publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications (see ‘Application documents’)
- A convincing and well-planned research project (see ‘Application documents’)