Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
Grants are awarded for one year respectively. Applications must be submitted for an extension and these are reviewed by the DAAD selection committee.
- Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD and ANID decides whether to fund participation and for how long (s. Document "Bases del Concurso")
- Pocket money during intensive German course (ANID)
- Costs for outward and return travel (ANID)
- Monthly scholarship payments up to the maximum amount determined by ANID
- Monthly increase of the scholarship by 100 € (DAAD)
- Monthly allowance for accompanying spouse and children (ANID/DAAD)
- Medical, accident and personal liability insurance, if applicable also for accompanying dependants (DAAD)
- If applicable, cost of German language course for accompanying spouse (DAAD)
- Initial allowance for the start in Germany and return to Chile (ANID)
- Contribution towards the costs of printing Thesis in Germany (DAAD)
- If applicable, flat rate for an intermediate travel to Chile (DAAD)
- Academic achievements
- Quality of doctoral Project
- Language skills
- If applicable professional experience